1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE SUBEJCT MATTER
All over the world management is know to be the very aspect that has contributed immensely in the development of any country’s economy.
It is also refer to coordination of the resources of an organization through the co-operative efforts of others in order to achieve a given target or objective but when any establishment or economy is enable to co-ordinate its resource and the activities of others. Through the process of planning organization directing and controlling in other to achieve a set objectives then poor management is in place.
Poor management could also result from inadequate managerial ability. It could be the inability of the management to utilize the scarce resources under their control as well as the inability to apply the required manpower for executing a particular task.
An establishment or organization could experience poor management when all the require equipment unable to manage the scarce resources effectively this is the possibility of ineffective management. Poor management goes with a lot of uncountable effects which are disastrous and spread like a wild fire. No establishment or economy will like to experience the effect of poor management but nobody can change it especially which poor management has been nursed in an establishment.
In a situation like this no individual will like to associate with such establishment there by scaring people away and the work as of such establishment to not stand the chance of being exposed in any from.
The contribution of land capital and labour are not effectively utilized the inability to communicate effectively with the outside world and not being able to compete favourable with other establishments which leads to the lost of people/ public interest.
Furthermore the services rendered are very poor not to talk about the substandard quality of their products resulting from their absence of training and not applying the modern techniques of management and production the establishment will only be coming across losses and no profit will be made. The is a state and no individual will be encouraged to do business with such establishment because the quality of their service is below what is expected and the economy of the country is affected badly.
The inability of the management to remunerate its workers and pay its debt can as well lead to the end of the existences of the establishment
1.2 PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SUBEJCT MATTER
It is obvious that the poor management is caused due to deficiency in the management of an establishment and not being able to utilize the scare resources and its effect are numerous and they include:
- Bad reputation of the establishment
- The establishment is less attractive to job seekers
- The establishment losses it customers
- It stands the chance of being bankrupt and also students the chance of being closed
- It inability of the management to remunerate its workers
- The inability of the management to train its workers and not applying the modern techniques of management and production
- The establishment stands the chance of not making any profit all this cause imbalance in the economy of the nation
1.3 PROBLEM THAT THE STUDY WILL BE CONCERNEDWITH
The main motivation factors of the study is to examine the effects of poor management in private owned establishment in the private establishment under study.
- To know whether the effect of poor management are negative or positive
- To determined how the effect of poor management affect the growth and development of newly established the old existing ones as well as the skills of the workers
- And also how to discourage the effect of poor management
1.4 THE IMPORTANCE OF STUDYING THE AREA
This study is geared towards from doing out from the research followings:
- Whether the effects of poor management in private owned establishment.
A case study of power lux limited is beneficial or not.
- To identify how it affect the growth and development of an establishment.
- How to tackle and over come the effects of poor management.
1.5 DEFINITION OF IMPORTANT TERMS
MANAGEMENT: The coordination of an organizaiton resources though
The process of planning organization directing and controlling in order to achieve the organizational objectives.
SCARCE RESOURCE: Limited resource
OBJECTIVES: A targeted goal (either long run or short run)
DEVELOPMENT: Exposure of an establishment to the modern management techniques.
MANPOWER: Assessment of workers available for a particular task
PLANNING: Establishing organizational goal and a strategy for their achievement
ORGANIZATION: It work allocation of duties authority and responsibility in order to make things happen
DIRECTING: Commanding doing centralizing authority and leadership guiding and supervising subordinate
CONTROLLING: Monitoring to see that plans have been carried out
Mabanefo C.A.D (1995) Introduction to Business Management Onitsha Tabansi Publication
Ani N. (2002) Small Business Entrepreneurship Nigeria NERCE Publications.